Hey, Men! Do you think only women have certain hacks and pose’s for a photo shoot? If you think so, you should stay more updated. Not only women do pose near the beaches and struggle a lot with heavy attire, but men also do.
According to the research, Men usually feel less comfortable in process of photo – shoot. So it’s better to be prepared before the photo shoot. Talking about the men there are some ground rules that help photographers understand classic male to pose in a better way, and also serve as a guide in creating their own poses and variations.
When a man thinks about the best version of himself, he never thinks about being pretty, cute, or showing off his sexy hourglass body. The entire thing that a man wants is to be strong, fit and tall while leaching coolness, confidence, and self-control; because the man’s body is not about curves, it is about angles and raw power.
Here are some of the photo-shoot hacks a man should know
Adjusting the Jaw Line
It is critical to measure the manliness of a man. The chin should be little out and a bit down. This will gently stretch the neck while hiding part of the neck from the camera.
Men with big round puppy eyes will evoke fear and confusion. It is always better to raise the lower eyelids a bit so that eyes look narrow while keeping the upper eyelids still.
There is a lot of confusion between a tilt and a turn. A man should never tilt the head towards the camera. This is a cute feminine pose and even the most interesting masculine man in the world would look different if he poses like this. You can either keep the head neutral or tilt slightly away from the camera. Note this mind that tilting too much away from the camera can be perceived as being rather arrogant and a bit aggressive.
Perfect your smile
Even for the men smile is the most crucial part. There’s nothing wrong with perfecting your smile and banishing your inner spud-head. Over-smiling, going cross-eyed, excessive blinking the eyes should be avoided.
The ideal male body form is a V-shaped: broad shoulders, thin waist. When it comes to the men, some might not pay much attention to the shape when it comes to the photo-shoot.
Shoulders are the women’s favorite part in men. They get to draw more attention with the broad as possible. You can follow some tips to pose if you don’t have a broad shoulder. Leaning a bit towards the camera will work out in this case.
Men’s waist is not given much important. It should always look slimmer. Your waist will look slimmer if your lower body does not exactly square the camera. Also, keeping your upper body closer to the camera will make your wait seem slimmer.
Good posture is the key for a good male portrait. Make sure you stand tall, with shoulders up yet relaxed and keeping your core tight.
Men don’t do very well with their hands when they have nothing to do with them. You need to keep your hands busy. Otherwise, most of the men will feel it looks stupid and then gets uncomfortable. Here are a few ways to take care of this problem:
- Keeping hands in pockets either thumb in or palm in and thumb hooked on the pocket is the ideal male pose.
- Hands hooked in the belt loops or one hand hooked on the belt buckle
- One hand loosely to the side, one hand in pocket
- Arms crossed on the chest with shoulders a bit down (relaxed shoulders)
- fixing tie and link cuffs
- hands on the football, guitar or another prop
- one hand in pocket, the other hooked on a jacket thrown over the shoulder
- when standing, you can rest hands on a tall chair, desk, etc
- legs crossed at the shin level with weight on the back leg
- legs shoulder width apart, one leg slightly closer to the camera
- when leaning against a wall, the leg closer to the camera gets higher on the wall and the knee gets bent
- the leg closest to the camera higher with the outer light facing the camera
When sitting (chair, bench, desk)
- For a natural relaxed pose when sitting on a chair, the ankle of one leg goes onto the knee of the other.
- leaning against a desk at the waist, feet a bit forward, arms crossed on chest
- with a sitting pose, you should not sit square with the camera
You might be amazed to know these hacks, but if you follow some of the hacks and follow some simple steps, you could be that heart-throbbing model 😉